Written by Kristen Randall
Do you have a bunch of old t-shirts lying around that you’re not sure what to do with? Now you can easily turn them into a pillow! Here’s how:
Tools and Materials Needed:
A t-shirt (size XL works best); scissors; a rotary cutter; pins; a yardstick and stuffing.
- Lay the t-shirt graphic-side up and pin both sides together with four to six pins.
- Cut widely around the logo leaving as much fabric around the graphic as you can
- Fold the t-shirt into fours. Cut a 2” x 2” square out of the top right corner through all the layers of the fabric.
- Unfold the t-shirt and cut strips 3/4” wide and 2” long in both layers of fabric.
- Knot each pair of fringe all the way around. Make sure to leave about five tabs unknotted so you can stuff the pillow.
- Stuff the pillow with cotton batting or old fabric. Tie the remaining tabs to close up the pillow
- Whether it’s an old band shirt, greek letters or a vintage sports tee, this no-sew pillow can bring any memorabilia to life!